Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beautiful Little Miracle: My new Goddaughter


So much has been going on the past couple weeks, and I have a million things to blog about, but above all right now, I feel like this takes priority over everything.


I'm a Godmommy

Kristen and I have been best friends since the 6th grade. I'll never forget the day she stood up for me in Social Studies class when a boy was making fun of me for my Sailor Moon pencil case. She promptly scolded the boy for his remarks and went back to being the shy quiet girl she was. Over the next few years, we realized we had so much in common, and since then, we seemed to realized that we had to have been sisters in another life. Kristen is one of those friends that you have maybe only one in your entire lifetime. The friend that you can always count on to be there for you even if you have never spoken in months, and when you do, it's like you had never left off. She's the friend that you have never argued with in your entire life and seems to always be able to know exactly what your thinking of or what you plan on doing.
To sound kinda nerdy, for our High School senior superlatives we where voted "Most Likely to be Friends Forever". Though something as silly as Senior superlatives, and what others may seem to think is a popularity contest, actually was pretty meaningful to me. To be honest, that really was what it was, a popularity contest. Kristen and I were no way by far considered one of the popular girls, or a prep in high school, but it was a honor to be recognized by our fellow classmates for something like this. I guess to me it meant that even others who didn't know us well, could see how strongly we loved each other as friends.

Kristen is taking many new steps in her life, and I'm glad i can be there for her. She gave me to the honor of being a Godmother to her new baby girl: Amara Nayomi Porter. I'm proud that she chose me and I'm warning her now.....I'm going to spoil her. Just look at her face and you guys will see why :)










0 comments: